News - 03.11.15
Registration is now open for the Argentina Wine Awards 2016: Creating the Future
For the tenth consecutive year, Wines of Argentina has opened the registration for the Argentina Wine Awards, to be held in Mendoza between 15 - 19 February.
Designed to evaluate and reward the quality and progress of Argentina's wine industry, the Argentina Wine Awards has earned its place as the most important event in the local calendar and is gaining more followers from other parts of the wine world.
Last year over 660 wines took part in the competition, so a similar amount is expected for 2016. During the AWA 2015, the press spoke about the event a huge amount. So much so that it generated more than 160 press articles in Argentina alone, to the value of $2.5m pesos ROI. Articles were also published in our target markets (Brazil, UK, Germany, China, Latin America, USA and Canada) with a total of $66,600 USD ROI.
In order to reflect the proliferation of Argentina's wines throughout the world and the growing importance of a variety of markets, a jury has been selected, not only to represent the various countries and nationalities but also for their vast knowledge on the global industry. In this edition, the International panel will be composed of experts who have contributed to the growth of the Argentine wine industry, under the concept: 10 YEARS CREATING THE FUTURE.
As in each edition of the Argentina Wine Awards, and with these criteria in mind, the presence of a group of highly qualified specialists with an overview of the global market in wine will be ensured. International judges will be accompanied by six prestigious experts from Argentina.
Confirmed international judges:
Alberto Antonini- Italy
Sarah Jane Evans MW- UK
Marcos Flores Tlalpan- Mexico
Anthony Gismondi- Canada
Adolar Hermann- Brasil
Paul Hobbs- USA
Göran Klintberg- Sweden
Yang Lu- China
Jorge Lucki- Brasil
Jennifer Luk- Hong Kong
The national jury will be made up of:
Roberto de la Mota- Mendel Wines
Jose Galante- Salentein
Mariano di Paola- Rutini Wines
Daniel Pi- Grupo Peñaflor
Sebastián Zuccardi- Familia Zuccardi
Susana Balbo- Dominio del Plata
Andrea Marchiori- Viña Cobos
The benefits of participating are:
• The positive publicity generated by the event is very important for the industry
• The competition offers a wonderful learning experience for all participants. The judges, all with much influence in the sector, deepen their knowledge of Argentina its wines and wineries and learn about the styles and quality of wines that best fit their export markets.
• Wines of Argentina will retain the tasting notes of all judges and make them available to wineries that wish to access the comments made on the wines presented.
• Each medal winning wine will be classified with a specific score on a scale of 100. This will allow wineries to communicate the points received for their wines along with the medal obtained
• As in 2015, Wines of Argentina will include all Trophy and Gold winners in their promotional activities abroad to demonstrate the high quality of the wines of Argentina.
The tastings of the contest will take place in Mendoza, between 15 - 19 February 2016. Those interested in finding out more, can do so by contacting Analia Lucero