News - 16.09.14
The "Premium Tasting" comes to Brazil for the first time, presented by Wines of Argentina
The event will be held on 16 and 17 September in ‘Casa Argentina’ in the city of São Paulo, where 29 wines from 29 Argentine wineries will be tasted, with the same style as the successful event created in Mendoza.
Wines Of Argentina, the entity responsible for the brand VINO ARGENTINO in the world, is preparing for the next edition of ‘Premium Tasting’. The year’s most anticipated tasting of high-end Argentine wines. For the first time it will be held outside of Mendoza, touching down on Brazilian soil. There, we will see the winners of the 2014 Argentina Wine Awards (AWA) and also wines that have been given 92 or more points by the international specialist Robert Parker in his latest assessment.
This event began in Mendoza in 2011, with the objective of enjoying the best wines of the continent, along with their makers, in an exclusive blind tasting conducted by experts of the industry.
Brazil is the 4th largest market for Argentine wine exports, after the United States, Canada and the UK. The venue for this tasting will be ‘Casa Argentina’, located in the heart of the sophisticated city of São Paolo, which opened in April this year, and serves to promote tourism, commerce, industry and culture in the Argentina Republic.
Also present will be the Brazilian wine trade, sommeliers and the press, who can participate, on the first day, in various clinics and talks led by experts and renowned Argentine winemakers, where topics of interest will be addressed and discussed.
September 16 - Clinic programme:
- Chardonnay and Cabernet Franc de altura, by Alejandro Vigil (Winemaker of Bodega Catena Zapata).
- Wines of the North by José Luis Mounier (Winemaker and Winery Finca Las Nubes Mounier JL).
- Regional Trophies from Argentina Wine Awards 2014, by Daniel Pi (Winemaker of Bodega Trapiche).
- Terroirs de Mendoza, by Sebastian Zuccardi (Winemaker of Familia Zuccardi).
September 17 - tasting
The second day is reserved for the big event: the main tasting, consisting of a blind tasting for over 150 people, in which the best examples of the Argentina wine industry will be tasted.
The speakers that will accompany this grand tasting will be:
- Susana Balbo. President of Wines Of Argentina and owner of Dominio del Plata winery.
- Suzana Barelli. Editor of the magazine, Menu of Brazil, and a AWA 2014 judge.
- Guilherme Correa. Best Sommelier of Brazil 2006 and 2009. Representative of his country in the Best Sommelier of the World 2007 competition.
"The Brazilian market and more precisely the city of São Paolo is very important for Argentina's wine industry, as already this year, $19.5m of Argentinian wine has been exported there, an increase of 1.4% on the same period last year. An increase of 4% in the average price per case was also detected with values of USD 36.21 per box, which compels us to continue exporting premium wines to this growing market, "said Susana Balbo, President of Wines of Argentina.
BODEGA CATENA ZAPATA
BODEGA DEL FIN DEL MUNDO - PATAGONIA ARGENTINA
BODEGA LUIGI BOSCA