News - 10.09.14
The "Wines of" from Argentina, Chile and South Africa join forces to present "Wines of The Beautiful South" in London
Another edition of the Annual Trade Tasting will feature the participation of more than 400 labels and 70 Argentine wineries, to be held on 10 and 11 September.
Wines of Argentina, responsible for the VINO ARGENTINO brand in the world, will be joining forces, for the second consecutive year, with Wines of Chile, and Wines of South Africa in the "Wines of The Beautiful South "in order to continue promoting Argentine wine in the UK market. This Annual Trade Tasting is an event that will be held on 10 and 11 September 2014 in Olympia Central, in London.
After the success of the 2013 edition of The Beautiful South, this year Wines of Argentina, Wines of Chile and Wines of South Africa will present an even more exciting event. Part of the strategy is to reduce the total number of exhibitors in order to give each country more identity and cultural experiences as well as to provide exhibitors with the opportunity to have their own image. The design space will be much more attractive, with better distribution, that favours the tour.
In this great event directed at journalists and the trade, there will be four themed tasting tables, where each country will have the opportunity to present their wines under the selected topic. There will also be three seminars. The varietals that will be tasted are: Malbec, Bonarda, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Merlot, Torrontés, Cabernet Franc, Pinot Grigio, Sangiovese, Syrah, Pinot Noir, Petit Verdot, Viognier, Semillon, Riesling and Tannat, in their various styles.
Themed tasting tables:
• Champions of the South: Wines that have earned a gold medal, trophy or five stars in major competitions in 2014.
• Tales of the Unexpected: On this tasting table the many rare varieties that can be found in each of these three countries will be highlighted, demonstrating the diversity of strains and wine, they have to offer the world.
• New Kids on the Block: Those wines that already have one or two years on the market can be tasted.
• Beautiful bubbles: On this table, an excellent range of sparkling wines, will be on offer. With very good value for money in order to compete strongly with the rest of the world.
• Winemakers Tasting Sessions: where visitors can come and chat with leading wine makers and taste their wines.
• Sommelier Tasting Area: Martin Lam, will be hosting a tasting to be held daily with sommeliers, highlighting the new, the eclectic and the food friendly.
• Beautiful Bar Challenge: Blind tasting, you can sample 12 different wines each day.
"The UK market is very important for the Argentine wine industry. For over 15 years we have been investing heavily and we can proudly say that we have started to see the results. The turnover from this year 2014, taking into account the period from January to May last year, has increased by 34.74%, having exported a total of USD 36,745,001.48 and 1,501,837.10 total cases sold between January and July 2014, showing a growth of 36.23% compared to the same period in 2013.
And if we consider the price segment from 25 to 45 USD FOB per 9 litres cases, we can see a 36% increase in turnover for the period January-July 2013. This shows us that our country is positioned as a producer of premium wines in this market. "Said Susana Balbo, President of Wines of Argentina.