News - 10.09.13
Finally, Wines of Argentina, Wines of Chile and Wines of South Africa Come Together to Present "The Beautiful South" in London.
An innovative tasting that will involve more than 350 wineries.
Wines of Argentina, Wines of Chile and Wines of South Africa are doing an unprecedented tasting: The Beautiful South, which is helding on September, 11 and 12, 2013 at the Olympia Exhibition Center, in London.
Different brands, wines and wineries from the three countries will be showcased during this tasting targeted to journalists and customers. Seminars and lectures will also be offered twice a day during the tasting, and will address the following topics:
1) Aging Gracefully. This lecture by Sarah Jane Evans will be on the aging potential of an old harvest wine selection from the New World.
2) Cool Clients. A seminar on wines from colder vineyards by Peter McCombie.
3) The Pioneers. Tim Atkin will present wines from the most prestigious wineries in the three countries.
4) The Mavericks - Breaking the Rules. This seminar by Ronan Sayburn will present highly original wines resulting from innovative winemaking methods.
In addition, there will be six thematic tasting tables, each with 99 wines (33 samples from each country):
1) Southern Champions: Gold and Trophy award-winning wines
2) Chardonnay over 10 pounds
3) Red blends
4) Regional Cabernet Sauvignon
5) Old vineyards
6) New generation / future stars
This is the first time ever that the "Wines of" from 3 countries are joining efforts to launch a different and more relevant event, which offer a more abundant and varied content in response to the needs of producers and importers.
"By joining efforts with the other 'Wines of' from the New World, we will be able to boost the trade in the UK, other European countries, and the USA. All participants, exhibitors and customers alike, will get the most of this event. This new, more modern and flexible format will allow participating wineries from the three countries to boost their commercial efforts,” explained Alberto Arizu, President of Wines of Argentina.
Argentine wines have been present in this market uninterruptedly for 15 years, becoming a leading product category. According to data provided by Nielsen, in the first quarter of 2013, Argentina was the on-trade category showing the greatest growth, and ranked among the three countries leading the off-trade growth. The United Kingdom is a very attractive market for our wines. In 2012, Argentina exported 1,443,801 liters to the United Kingdom, and sold 47,890,611 million dollars FOB in value, which represented a 3,7% growth rate.